MTG Cancels Deal for Sale of Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Group to PPF

MTG Cancels Deal for Sale of Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Group to PPF

Swedish entertainment company Modern Times Group (MTG) said on Monday that it has decided to terminate its agreement to sell its Bulgarian unit Nova Broadcasting Group to Czech-based investment group PPF."The termination of the agreement with PPF Group follows the decision by the Bulgarian Commission for the Protection of Competition to disallow the proposed sale to PPF Group, as well as the expiration of an extended long-stop date under the sale and purchase agreement," MTG said in a statement.MTG has entered into discussions with other interested parties regarding the sale of its stake in Nova Broadcasting Group, the Swedish company said.MTG also said it expects to complete its split into two companies - MTG and NENT Group - in March 2019, and Nova will remain part of MTG until its sale is completed. Nova Broadcasting Group is 95%-owned by MTG, while Luxembourg-registered Eastern European Media Holdings holds the remaining 5%. PPF Group was planning to acquire the company through its Dutch-registered unit PPF TMT Bidco 2.

Previous Next
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
Cookies Preferences
Choose Type of Cookies You Accept Using

These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookie are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but our site may not work then.

These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.

These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.