Enel To Name Buyer of Bulgarian Power Plant in March

Enel To Name Buyer of Bulgarian Power Plant in March

Italian utility Enel will announce the buyer of its Bulgarian coal-fired power plant Maritsa East 3 on March 14, Reuters reported.

"Regarding Bulgaria, we are in talks with two buyers and about to reach a decision. I think we will announce it on March 14," Reuters reported late on Tuesday quoting Enel's chief executive officer Fulvio Conti as saying in Madrid.

Conti did not disclose the two candidate buyers. According documents to which Reuters had access, Russian electricity trader InterRAO is interested in the plant. Unnamed sources told Reuters in January that U.S. investment fund Contour Global too is bidding for Maritsa East 3.

In March 2009 Enel said it had started the process of selling the 73% stake in Maritsa East 3 it acquired in 2004. Bulgaria's state-owned electricity grid operator NEK owns the remaining 27% of the 908-megawatt (MW) plant. Sourse BTA


Previous Next
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
Cookies Preferences
Choose Type of Cookies You Accept Using

These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookie are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but our site may not work then.

These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.

These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.