Dufry Buys Remaining Stake in Greece's HDF for 328 Mln Euro

Dufry Buys Remaining Stake in Greece's HDF for 328 Mln Euro

Swiss travel retailer Dufry said it was buying the 49% stake in Hellenic Duty Free (HDF) it does not already own from Greek rival Folli Follie for 328 million euro ($452 million), Reuters reported.
Dufry acquired 51% of HDF in October 2012 for 200.5 million euro, with an option to acquire the remaining 49% in 2016, the news agency recalled.
Dufry said the operation had contributed 274 million Swiss francs ($309.3 million) to group revenue between April and September. It expects to achieve an incremental 10 million euro in synergies thanks to the deal, Reuters added.
Dufry plans to refurbish and expand retail space at key airports in Greece, where HDF generates more than 80% of the turnover of its 111 shops with international visitors.
 
Cookies Preferences
Choose Type of Cookies You Accept Using


These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookie are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but our site may not work then.


These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.


These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.