Bulgarian Competition Regulator Probes PPF Deal for Nova

Bulgarian Competition Regulator Probes PPF Deal for Nova

Bulgaria's competition regulator said that it has opened an in-depth probe into a deal for the sale of 100% of Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Group by Sweden-based entertainment company Modern Times Group (MTG) and Luxembourg-registered Eastern European Media Holdings to Czech-based investment group PPF. MTG has a 95% stake in Nova Broadcasting Group, while Eastern European Media Holdings holds the remaining 5%.Both Nova Broadcasting Group and MTG are active on Bulgaria's e-commerce market, and considering Nova Broadcasting Group's leading position in media services, the Commission for Protection of Competition has decided to launch an in-depth probe of the deal, the regulator said in a statement late on Monday. Nova Broadcasting Group is active on the e-commerce market through its units Convenience and Trendo BG, while MTG operates in the country through its Hungarian subsidiary Online Comparison Shopping. In February, when the deal was announced, MTG said the transaction values 100% of Nova Broadcasting Group at 185 million euro ($214.0 million).

Previous Next
Close
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
Cookies Preferences
Choose Type of Cookies You Accept Using


These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookie are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but our site may not work then.


These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.


These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.