Bulgaria Starts Construction of Struma Motorway Section

Bulgaria Starts Construction of Struma Motorway Section

Bulgaria started construction of a 15 km stretch of the Struma motorway between the town of Sandanski, in the country's southwest, and the Greek border.

The ground-breaking ceremony was attended by prime minister Boiko Borisov, ministers Lilyana Pavlova of regional development and Ivaylo Moskovski of transport, and His Excellency Thrassyvoulos Stamatopoulos, Ambassador of Greece in Sofia, state-run Bulgarian News Agency (BTA) reported on Thursday.

On March 19, Bulgaria signed a contract with Greek construction company Aktor to build the motorway for some 56 million levs ($37.4 million/28.6 million euro), Value Added Tax (VAT) excluded.

Some 80% of the money for the motorway construction is provided under the EU-funded operational programme Transport and the other 20% comes from Bulgaria's state budget.

The Struma motorway, with a total length of 173.28 km, is part of pan-European transport Corridor IV.

Previous Next
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
Cookies Preferences
Choose Type of Cookies You Accept Using

These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookie are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but our site may not work then.

These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.

These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.